Friday 1 August 2014

Photo Challenge Completed!

Yesterday I finished a month-long photo challenge. Yummy Mummy Club runs the #YMCPhotoADay challenge each month, and I had started after reading about the #BlissPhotoADay challenge on their page. Each day I posted a picture to my Instagram account that followed a daily theme, with #BlissPhotoADay.  Half way through the month, I realized that it was actually a contest to win a pass to BlissDom Canada, a yearly social media/blogging conference. I can't imagine that I would be the one winner among all the participants, so I don't think I have anything to worry about. I'm not sure how I missed that detail! Scatterbrain!

I liked the idea of finding a moment of bliss in each day, and it ended up being a really good thing for me. I'm nearing the end of my maternity leave, and thinking about returning to work and leaving my son for 9 hours a day. I still have "baby blues" days. With this challenge, I found that I was looking for positives and pushing the negativity away. On the days that I wasn't feeling so great, I would make an effort to find a little bliss. Or even make myself do something blissful. 31 days later, I feel like I'm in a better place than I was before I began. Who knew that a little photo-a-day challenge would have such a great outcome!

Here are some of my favourites from the month:

Day 7: #Skyline

 
Day 9: #Grass
 

Day 10: Distraction

Day 11: #Strength
 
 

Day 13: #Cheer
 

Day 14: #Coffee

Day 15: #Bliss
 
 
Day 17: #Sleepy
 



Day 23: Fun





Day 27: #White

Day 29: #Cold
 
As an added bonus, I found some new people to follow on Instagram. I love seeing what people post. I don't mind the food pictures that many people complain about and love to see what moments people like to capture and share. I've also found ways to be creative and take or edit pictures of my son without invading his privacy, since my Instagram is public.

I don't think I'll do another photo challenge next month, but I would definitely do it again at some point. I'll watch YummyMummyClub.ca for another one in the future. It would be a great way to get through the dull winter months.

If you want to see the rest of my pictures, or see a description to go along with these ones, visit my Instagram page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear from you!

Blueberry Pie and A Beautiful Drive!

Yesterday, I went for a drive all by myself. I feel like this shouldn't be news, but usually I have C in tow, and although he makes road...