Wednesday 6 August 2014

What a Deal!

I like a good deal. I have always tried to be frugal, but since being on maternity leave I have become even more budget conscious.  I'm always looking for ways to save money. This weekend, I hit the jackpot! After procrastinating for hours over going for groceries on Sunday, I had an hour and a half to get to Sobeys before it closed on Sunday. It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, except Monday was a holiday here in New Brunswick, so I really needed to get groceries. My cupboards were looking bare!

Soon after I entered the store, I heard an announcement that said all store made bread in the bakery was now 50% off. Great deal! I pushed my cart into the bread department and got a loaf of multigrain bread (my favourite) and two loafs of garlic bread for the freezer. I was happy with that.

Then I rolled into the meat and seafood department and found even better deals! A lot of their fish and meat was 50% off as well. I checked the dates, and they had only been packaged the day before, so I started stocking up. I guess they only like to keep them on the shelves for 2 days, and since the next day was a holiday, they wanted to clear them out. I picked up fish, pork, and a beautiful looking roast.

This is what I bought at 50% off:
  • loaf of bread
  • 2 loaves of garlic bread
  • Beef Inside Roast
  • 4 Salmon Portions
  • 3 packages of Haddock Fillets
  • 2 boneless pork chops
The regular price was $57.31 and I got it all for $28.63!

Now my freezer is a little fuller, and my grocery bill should be a bit lighter for the next could of weeks. I love saving money!

Next time there is a holiday, I'm going to go an hour before the store closes to see if I can get some similar deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment below! I'd love to hear from you!

Blueberry Pie and A Beautiful Drive!

Yesterday, I went for a drive all by myself. I feel like this shouldn't be news, but usually I have C in tow, and although he makes road...